The large town of Rotherham is located in South Yorkshire and is home to 257,280 residents. Historically, Rotherham was well known for coal and steel industries. However as that industry went into decline, the city has undergone a period of regeneration which makes for a great opportunity to advertise in Rotherham.
Who lives in Rotherham?
According to the 2011 census, the Rotherham population had a 91% White British community and the remaining 9% was made up by Black and Minority Ethnic. Of that 9%, the largest community was made up of Pakistani and Kashmiri residents. In recent years there has also been an increase in Eastern European residents with many people coming in from Slovak and Czech Roma.
Going forward, predictions state that the area will become more and more ethnically diverse in the next 10-20 years.
What attracts visitors to Rotherham?
Rotherham attracts people from both the local area and further afield. The town attracts people for many reasons including:
Museums – The city is home to the Magna Science Adventure Park. Built in a former steelworks, the attraction is mainly aimed at children and has many interactive exhibits. There is also a large outdoor splash zone which can be enjoyed in summer months.
Shopping – Shoppers will be pleased to find well known high street stores including Primark and Tesco. The city has also been recognised for boasting a wide number of independent shops and the regeneration of its historic centre.
Advertise during major events
In order to increase footfall into Rotherham, the town hosts a number of events. This presents a great opportunity to advertise in Rotherham. Events include Rotherham Rocks which is a fashion show which takes place every year in July. In August, Clifton Park hosts Rotherham By The Sea, which sees the park area transformed into a beach, complete with sand, deckchairs and many other typical seaside attractions.
If you are looking to advertise in Rotherham during these key events, contact Bubble Outdoor Advertising and book your space early. We currently have great positions located on the main road approaching the park. Prices start from £61 per week.
Sport in Rotherham
The town boasts both Football and Rugby League and Union Teams. Rotherham United play in The Championship League and the New York Stadium hosts their home games.
Advertise in Rotherham to businesses
After a period of decline, Rotherham is now very much open for businesses. The area is attracting new companies and new investment due to its convenient location alongside the M1, the availability of skilled staff and the cost-effective land.
Recently Rotherham council announced that international manufacturer United Caps would be constructing a new manufacturing plant in the area.
The United Caps Development will be in the Dinnington area. Bubble Outdoor Advertising has a number of opportunities for advertising in that area, including phone boxes, billboards and bus stops.
Additionally, there are current plans to create a large leisure destination known as Forge Island. The space includes a new University Centre, eateries, cinemas and a hotel.
Not sure what you need? Can’t find something on the map? Simply get in touch with our planning team and we’ll be happy to put together your campaign.